Wednesday 25 September 2013

Considering Identity and Space Personal Opinions.


Considering what is identity and how it is constructed?
Summative Piece 

-How do you see yourself?
Well in a world full of judgment and desire it’s hard to find your own personal style without going into the stereotypical trends. The way I view myself changes constantly not only through my appearance and style but body and self-confidence. Yes most girls would rather be skinny than fat, and have melons for boobs instead of a fried eggs but from being at university anybody can feel comfortable in their own skin. I’ve personally realised this and being comfortable in my own identity. Is it ironic that when I was just a little 2 year old girl, I played the part of the pretty duckling in the ballet performance of the ugly duckling. To then being  the ugly duckling in year 9. I’m telling you I looked like my cousins brother in the standard family school photo. Eurgh/- the dread that I get when everyone sees it. Major puppy fat, low confidence, thin hair and a full fringe that never should have been cut. I’ve always had low self-confidence when it came to my body shape. Okay I’m not ten tonne tess but in the fashion industry your always criticized in what you wear and look like in regard to your size. Since coming to university my confidence has grown because I women out there who can show to the world that beautiful is curvy. Strong independent curvaceous women inpsire me, I take energy and comfort from the fact that they view themselves so positively, take risks and have courage. I have admiration for them but at the same time I can use their drive which I feel mirrors my own, as reference for my own fashion career but personal happiness. Coming to university has helped me grow in style and confidence.
-Is identity constructed and interpreted by the self or the onlooker?
This Question is highly all about opinion. Everyone sees each style differently to our own. With new trends and styles we have each season, everyone has opinions on that. A constant cycle of opinion and desire.

-What Identities are drawn to you?
The characteristics I’m personally drawn to when thinking about fashion, is the look, the texture, the fit and most importantly the shape of the garments. Body type and shape plays a large part in me buying items to fit my figure and shape. So the identities that are drawn to me can be expressed through celebrity style icons and fashion icons. Simple dark shade with tailored curvy nature are what I tend to go for. I love all of the Kardashian look and even including the younger two as I think there’s is developing in a way I like to base my own style.

-How do you feel certain spaces, environments and ambiances affect the way we look and behave?
I’m quite a shy person in all honesty but in a different awkward situation I always seem to talk too much to compensate. I do think in different situation’s people do act in different ways to make other people perceive them in a certain way. If the ambiance is a particular way then that would make me feel a certain way as every aspect of an environment reflects an emotion on to us.’-What spaces make you behave a certain way?
For instance in a fashion store there will be a ambiance to reflect the brand and its identity within the space used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment