Sunday 4 August 2013

Graduate Fashion Week London

Saturday the 1st June to the 5th
Deviant Online Magazine, Contributing Article

The day i travelled down to London at 6am to go for an initial meeting at Earls Court, the destination of London Graduate Fashion Week.
First entering Paddington Station my eyes were amazed i felt like it was something out of a movie being a country girl we don't get to see the big city high life but i felt i'd arrived!. Volunteering with my peer Megan made me feel at ease as at least i new we were in the same boat. I shouldn't have worried the staff from Fashion Scout were just lovely , so kind and helpful but saying that the first day shocked me to how much was going on and the amount of work we would actually be doing!.

What did my time at Graduate Fashion Week entail?
From painting white benches for the fashion theatres to making manikins for the international students collections there was never a dull moment. You can read more of what my experiences was like at Deviant Online Magazine, which i wrote a contributing article all about GFW.

Seeing the amount of co-ordination of the event was intense. However, its given me a glimpse of what it would be like in an events company. However, seeing our University tutors there was useful as well as gaining advice from final year students. I must admit i do love seeing what outfits our tutors would wear especially our male tutor chris his two pieces bright baby pink suit with dicky bow tie are amazing!.

We didn't just put together manikins and paint tables fortunately me and my peer managed to gain work experience by handling front desk industry personnel, getting to meet the big names in the industry. For instance, people from italian/British Vogue, Henry Holland, Model David Gandy, Zoe Hardman and Caggie Dunlop

An experience i will never forget.
The Entrance with our Doormen Buddies/Red Carpet/ GFW
GFW

Small town girl in Chelsea
Press and Industry Can we help?



No comments:

Post a Comment